01 April 2013

Not an April Fools' Post


Spring Break!

If you're reading this, you likely either just had one or are just starting one. In my case, today was my first official day off and it was glorious.


My one-and-a-half year old son woke me up promptly at seven am and we proceeded to watch an episode of Mr Rogers' Neighborhood about making mistakes. We ate oatmeal, peanut butter and jelly toast, and a banana with mama. I drank coffee; he helped grind the beans. We did some Spring Cleaning and played 'elephants' for awhile.

Once the temperature outside was warm enough, we all walked to the park to slide on the slide, dig in the sandbox, and chase falling cherry blossoms. Lunch at MOS Burger and once returning home, failed to take a nap. After emptying and refilling a box of colored pencils no less than ten times, a little more 'elephants' (my knees are so sore), dinner was ready. It was delicious. Finally, we brushed his teeth, took an efficient shower, and he's now falling asleep with mama.

So what does this post have to do with teaching in my classroom? Nothing! April Fools'!

No comments:

Post a Comment